Ms. Rothman is an award-winning expert in the fields of hospitality, real estate, and capital markets, with experience spanning three full business cycles. Over her career, Ms. Rothman has served as a trusted advisor on financial, strategic, and operational matters – to the highest level of the corporate suite, institutional money managers, as well as key internal constituencies and external stakeholders.
Ms. Rothman has decades of experience valuing companies, partnering with investment banking and lenders to structure deals, and advising CFOs/CEOs/boards and private equity firms on M&A, financings, recapitalizations, capital allocation decisions, shareholder activism, and investor perception issues.
Ms. Rothman began her career as a line-level hotel employee working her way up to GM and ultimately to senior roles in corporate management. Ms. Rothman has two master’s degrees: one in Hotel Administration and one in Economics.
A frequent guest on CNBC and an industry expert in her own right, her industry insights and trend setting advice can be found in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Financial Times, among others.
A featured speaker and recognized expert, Ms. Rothman is a frequent panelist at some of the most regarded industry events including ALIS, Phocuswright, Revenue Strategies Summit, Restaurant Finance & Development Conference.
Ms. Rothman is a CFA charterholder. She is on the board of the International Luxury Hotel Association, North East Chapter, a member of the Cornell Hotel Society, a member of the New York Society of Securities Analysts, and a Chartered Financial Analyst.
Why work with me?
I have a proven track record of increasing responsibility in private and public organizations employing 50 employees to 56,000. I provide an individualized level of service customized to each client’s needs and constraints.
- Veteran industry executive with experience at the property level, in asset management, and in executive corporate strategy, IR, and CFO roles
- Decades of Wall Street experience as an award-winning analyst: Leading whole business valuations, assessing corporate strategies, identifying ‘whitespace,’ quantifying risks, examining competitive encroachment and estimating terminal values
- Extensive expertise with IPOs, capital allocation decisions, sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis, special situations and activist investing
- Able to provide an independent view with the benefit of an insider’s experience
- Effectively set and manage achievable expectations both up and down the ladder, and build consensus among disparate groups
- Skill-set balancing quantitative rigor, attention to detail, big-picture thinking and clear, concise communication
- Passionate about hospitality, guest service, branding, and generating shareholder returns
- Even-keeled, trustworthy, and sensitive to bright-line regulations
- Transparent with evidence and fact-based views, while keeping sensitive information completely confidential
- The benefit of independent thought-provoking insights and partnership, without a long-term or full-time commitment
- Open to feedback. Flexible when plans are thwarted
- Fully committed to exceeding expectations
What you can expect
– Identify revenue enhancement and cost control opportunities
– Develop processes, procedures, and reward systems to maximize profitability
– Articulate the executive team’s vision in a way on-site teams can understand, embrace, and act upon
Want an objective opinion or independent and impartial due diligence to validate your internal direction?
If you would be interested in hiring a veteran hospitality professional with decades of Wall Street and corporate experience but you:
- Don’t have the need for a full-time person
- Don’t have the budget
- Would prefer to carry the advisory cost as “one-time”
- professional fees rather than G&A, then
I welcome the opportunity to explore how we might work together on a part-time, consulting engagement, or short-term basis.